- Assisting where, when, and in doing whatever?s needed.
- Maintain safety, care, and nurturance of children at all times.
- Keep track of children in your care at all times.
- Treating all of the children with dignity and respect.
- Maintain confidentiality of the children and parents.
- Accountable for the children in your care during the course of your shift, including any necessary charting requirements as in diaper changes, feedings and naps.
- Attend all staff meetings and recommended required training.
- Responsible for knowing and following the policies and procedures of the center and also state licensing rules and regulations.
- Work well with fellow associates and supervisors.
- Meet yearly continuing education requirements.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Critical features of this job are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Have a CDA credential issued by the COuncil for Professional Recognition; Child Development or related diploma from accredited vocational institute or similar credential where the course of studying includes and intensive practicum in child care.
- TCC in Child Development or Early Childhood Education
- TCC in Infant Toddler
- TCC in Program Administration
- TCC in School Age and Youth Care
- Associate's degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development
- Paraprofessional Certification
- Twenty-five(25) quarter hours of fifteen (15) semesters hours from a accredited college or university
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a field other than Early Childhood Education or Child Development and three(3) months qualifying child care experience.
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university in Early Childhood Education or Child development.
- Must be certified in CPR/First Aid and Fire Safety or plan to have them completed within the first month of hire.
Schedule: Flexible Hours
Salary: Salaried and hourly options available based on experience and education.
Job Description: Responsible for providing a safe and developmentally appropriate preschool program for young children that complies with all relevant legislation, policies and procedures. Nurtures children, provides meals, crafts, and instruction, and ensures students are clean and kept safe.
Must meet the following minimum educational requirements or plan to do enroll in a program within 3 months of hire.
(All appropriate experience and education will be considered for the qualified candidate)